Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back to the PMA

Our assignment was to go back to the PMA and look at the same piece we did 2 weeks ago and think about some different things then we did before. I was originally attracted to this piece because it was in a section of the museum that I am interested in.  I love impressionism especially French impressionism.  The colors in this piece are neutrals of of the compliments red and green. I think this attracted me to the piece because the compliments naturally work so well together.  Also red and green hues have the same value as each other they are equal, so when the artist uses white or yellow ocher it really pops.  My favorite part of the painting is the glow that the little white lamp gives to this dimly lit room and the white lamp shade really pops against the reds and greens being used.  This piece is a couple fighting and I can somewhat sense the tension in the room these two figures are in.  I can related to this because I hate the uncomfortable feeling I get when I'm in a fight with my boyfriend or when I'm in the room and my parents are fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment